Nurse Family Partnership
The Nurse Family Partnership is a program that helps first-time mothers during pregnancy and after the baby is born. A specially trained nurse works with the mother during pregnancy and through the baby's second birthday.
The nurse helps first time parents learn things like:
- How to be healthy so the baby is born healthy
- How to be the best parent for the new baby
- How to plan for her future, including future pregnancies, education and work
During the program, moms and nurses may talk about things like:
- Health and child development
- Making the home a safe place for a baby
- Setting goals for life
- How to access services that are available
- Build a strong network of support for themselves and their baby
Services are covered by local agency funding, medical coupons and state/federal grant. Referrals can be made by primary care providers, community agencies, and individuals by contacting Children's Village at (509) 574-3200.